- Still can make his sister giggle like no other. He makes us laugh almost daily - you really never know what he is going to say. He loves to joke and make things up (and is pretty good at catching a joke too - if he isn't sure he will say "are you joking?").
- Is obsessed with Toy Story and pretty much anything else that is Disney (he picked that shirt out himself).
- He talks non-stop and asks lots and lots of questions. He is very much like me in that he likes to have a plan and stick to it. He likes to know what is going on and does not like for plans for change.
- Just started writing his name and it is so, so cute.
- Favorite Foods: mini donuts/muffins, PB&J sandwiches, carrots and broccoli (which he will ask for if I don't share some off my plate), 'Toy Story' chicken noodle soup, apples, pears, macaroni and cheese, yogurt, pretzels, pop-tarts, and 'coffee milk.'
- Still loves to line things up, count them, and put things in containers (and then move things from one container to another). The other day I went with my sister to a store and there were lots of toys -- instead of asking me for a toy he asked me if we could get a storage system. Seriously. (Despite loving to put things in containers he's still pretty terrible at learning to keep his room clean).
- Just started to eat apples like a grown up -- no more cutting them up and peeling them, he just bites right in (and he always tells me "Mama! I saved you a bite!")
- Has asked me about once a month since about November/December when he can have 'another brother or sister.'
- Most days he can be the sweetest big brother in the world...he regularly tells Lauren "you look so beautiful" and "I love you, Lauren!" He always has to hug her goodbye before either of them goes to class at pre-school and he begs me every afternoon not to put her down for a nap so that they can play together. He can also completely irritate her but almost daily I am surprised at how well they get along considering how different they are (and that they are almost three years apart).
- Will not sit still for a photo (obviously).
- Will be two in a little over a month. It amazes me how much she already seems like a two year old to me even though I want more than anything for her to stay little.
- Talks a lot. Sometimes it is in her own language - she can talk for one minute straight and you won't have a clue what she just told you. For the most part though she is a little chatterbox and repeats everything we say.
- Loves: Disney Princesses, Barbie, whatever remotely resembles a purse, babydolls, and anything pink or sparkly.
- Favorite Foods: Pizza (she literally squeals for it), cheese, poptarts, Triscuits, grapes, 'Princess juice' (milk), 'Princess' chicken noodle soup, chicken nuggets, cheetos (even though they totally gross me out and are the messiest food on the planet),
- Really wants to be a big girl - she tries to sit on the potty (even though she really isn't sure what she's doing, she will ask to go to the potty); knows that "only babies need a paci" and will take it out of her mouth and give it to her babydoll (we're still really working on getting rid of it completely); wears mama's shoes around the house constantly and loves to pick out her own clothes.
- Can count to ten - which we thought was a big deal until one night when Ryan and I were working in the nursery at church and we heard another little girl who is five days older than her do it clear as day. We just looked at each other and laughed. So much for our child prodigy theory.
Both of them:
- Love to color, draw with sidewalk chalk (though Lauren spends a lot of time drawing on herself as well), play kitchen, work on puzzles and play outside.
- Give the best hugs and kisses a mama could ever ask for.